Tax Services

We specialize in serving Firefighters! We provide the highest level of support to assist you in achieving your financial goals.

  • Year-round service for our Fire Family
  • Informed advice to ensure you get the most out of your return

Organized to Handle Tax Preparation for the Fire Family

Even if you are just filing a simple return, rule changes can make it easy to file your return incorrectly or overlook deductions and credits. That’s where we come in, as experts in filing specifically for the Fire Family.


 "I have been a member of Firefighters First Credit Union for over 10 years. I have always been impressed with their excellent customer service, so when I found out they were going to be starting a tax service, I did not hesitate to request an appointment.
Firefighters First Tax Services was exceptional! The client portal was user friendly and any of my phone calls or emails were quickly answered. Furthermore, the fee charged to get my taxes done was very reasonable.
I highly recommend this tax service to all credit union members!"
Mike L.
California, Professional Firefighter

What Do I Need to Get Started?

Income Statements

  • W-2 (Wage statements)
  • 1099R (Pension, IRA and other retirement Income statements)
  • 1099 INT (Interest Income statements)
  • 1099 DIV (Dividend Income statements)
  • 1099 G (Unemployment or state refund statements)
  • 1099 W2G (Gambling winnings statements)
  • 1099B (Proceeds from Broker and Barter Exchange Transactions)
  • 1099S (Sale of home or real estate)
  • 1099K (Payment Card and Third-Party Network Transactions)
  • IRS 6419 Letter - Advance Child Tax Credit
  • Cryptocurrency trading information in an electronic excel or xml format.

Health Insurance Statements 

  • Form 1095-A, 1095-B, 1095-C, Medicare insurance payments

Deductible Expense Statements

  • 1098 (Mortgage interest statement)
  • 1098T (Tuition and fee payments for college and continuing education programs)
  • 1098E (Student loan interest payments)
  • Child care records including: Name, address, EIN, and amount paid to childcare provider
  • Receipts and records of charitable contributions

If your return is more complicated, it may be helpful to contact one of our tax experts ahead of time to ensure that all specific income and deduction items are identified before your preparation meeting. Below is a list of special items that may require more attention for your tax filing.

  • You sold your home. 
  • If you purchased a new home or refinanced an existing mortgage, you should bring a copy of your HUD or settlement closing statement to your tax interview.
  • You sold stocks, ESPP/RSU/ISO shares, or you traded Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies.
  • You lived or worked in a foreign country, or you have foreign income or foreign investments, including foreign pension accounts, bank accounts or brokerage accounts.
  • You had income or expenses from renting a house/condo or vacation rental.
  • You have income reported on Form 1099-Miscellaneous, you are self-employed or you had farm income.

Request a Consultation

Please fill out this form to be contacted by a Firefighters First Tax Services representative.
  • The First Name field is a required field
  • The Last Name field is a required field
  • The Email field is a required field
  • The Phone field is a required field
  • The Preferred method of contact field is a required field
  • The What type of service you need help with field is a required field